Before using any insert tool, make sure the set screw is tightened firmly. When replacing a dull insert, first clean the tool and remove all dust prior to inserting the new knife.
Amana Tool AMS-119 Matt's 3-Pc CNC Solid and Insert Carbide Starter Pack, 1/4 Inch Shank
Matt's CNC Router Bit Starter Packs of Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated and Insert Carbide V-Groove CNC Router Bits.
Matt from @gotwoodworkshop recommended his favorite CNC router bits to use on his CNC machine. These tools are designed for the most demanding signmaking tasks. These router bits are excellent for creating signs and other CNC projects in a variety of materials. Each router bit is manufactured from Amana's exclusive grade carbide according to stringent quality standards.
Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance to the router bit. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is an micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coatings prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
The innovative CNC insert tool design uses a high grade solid carbide insert knife which allows you to get two uses out of each insert. Once insert knife show signs of wear you can rotate the insert for a brand new cutting edge. The secure locking screw system ensures maximum safety and maintains cutting accuracy. The V Groove router bit in this set comes complete with solid carbide insert knife/knives designed for general purpose use.
- Aluminum, Brass, Bronze and Copper (Engraving only)
- Carbon Fiber
- Solid Surface
- Veneered Plywood