Excellent for cutting:
Amana Tool 46490-K Extra Long CNC Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated 2D/3D Carving Tapered Ball Nose 0.10 Deg Angle x 1/4 Dia x 1/8 Radius x 1/2 CH x 1/4 SHK x 4 Inch Long x 3 Flute SC Reduced Shank Router Bit
CNC Solid Carbide Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated Extra-Long Reduced Shank Section for Deeper Reach and Better Chip Clearance in CNC and CNC Carving Machines.
Amana Tool®'s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and Spektra™ coating designed for the ultimate combination of finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring Spektra™ ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylic Stone
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)**
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU)
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Phenolic Composites
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam***
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
- XPE (Crosslinked Polyethylene) Foam
*Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
**Expanded polypropylene (EPP) is a foam form of polypropylene.
***Ethafoam, Polyethylene and Polylam are durable, flexible, closed-cell foams with excellent memory.
Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance. Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Note: Tools are manufactured with high balance, that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPM. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly. For optimal results and extended tool life use mist lubricant system or air cooling.
Milling Plastics: In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input, as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate has a very small diameter and so any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome. Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.Cutting materials such as HDPE and Plastics its highly recommended to direct an air blast at the router bit to help keep the material cool while clearing away fragments from the cutting area. If possible run a high chip load in the order of .005" and up, per flute. Running your CNC machine at the rate of 10,000 RPM x 2 flutes x .005" per flute equals 100 inches per minute feed rate. When cutting plastics it is expected to experience some burring on top edge.