Solid carbide Spektra™ 2D/3D Carving Flat Bottom (End Mill) router bits produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
Amana Tool 46292-K CNC Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral 2D/3D Carving 0.10 Deg Tapered Angle Flat Bottom x 1/8 D x 1-3/32 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long x 4 Flute SC Up-Cut Router Bit
Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated 2D/3D Carving Flat Bottom Router Bits with special unique carbide with nACo® nanocomposite coating for longer lifetime.
Specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic & wood with CNC machines. The high-shear flat bottom tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary Spektra™ (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction and heat buildup.
Tools are manufactured with high balance that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPMs. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylic Stone
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)**
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU)
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Phenolic Composites
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam***
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
- XPE (Crosslinked Polyethylene) Foam
*Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
**Expanded polypropylene (EPP) is a foam form of polypropylene.
***Ethafoam, Polyethylene and Polylam are durable, flexible, closed-cell foams with excellent memory.
Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance. Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
In a milling application all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control.
Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.