Amana Tool RCK-499 Pair of Solid Carbide Classical Cove MDF and Wood Plunge Form Insert Replacement Knives for RC-2499
The ultimate solution for MDF door making! This series of profiles utilizing our Nova™ Tool body system of interchangeable solid carbide insert knives are designed to give the appearance of a Raised Paneldoor in MDF or solid panels.One pass is all that is needed for a simple raised panel look using one of the “Plunge Form” profiles.Replacement knives are MDF Grade Carbide and will last much longer than standard brazed carbide tipped bits. Can also be used to route Wood & MDF wainscot panels.
To create a more authentic raised panel with a deeper reveal, use one of the many "Raised Panel" profiles in conjunction with the "Plunge Form" profile fore one pass each. Complete the look with one pass of the door edge using any "Plunge Form" bit.
Click here for the complete list of Raised Panel in conjunction with Plunge Form profiles.
Advantages of Insert Tooling:
- Long lasting insert knives provide superior smooth quality cuts every time
- Quick and precise replacements of dull knives
- Due to insert accuracy tool life is extended
- Insert tooling allows for harder grades of carbide
- Knives can be re-sharpened multiple times without affecting the original profile
- Cost effective solution compared to replacing brazed router bits