Amana Tool 46306 Solid Carbide ZrN Coated Honeycomb Hogger 1/4 D x 1-1/4 CH x 1/4 SHK x 4 Inch Long, 6-Flute CNC Router Bit
Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coated, Up-Spiral Cutting Edge for Superior Chip Ejection
Designed to cut a large variety of honeycomb materials, Hogger geometry is excellent for shredding and chip evacuation while maintaining a smooth surface.
Amana Tool's "hogger" style routers for honeycomb composites incorporate a precision-ground "knuckle" profile, allowing a freer-cutting action that reduces power requirements and less sidewall pressure in low output spindles while giving impressive gains in feed-rates. ZrN coating greatly enhances durability in highly abrasive composites.
Please note: For optimal results and to extend tool life, please use mist lubricant system or air cooling. Please inspect cut and adjust accordingly.
Excellent for cutting:Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS), honeycomb, Lexan™ & composite materials.
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites