Amana Tool 51441 CNC SC Spiral O Single Flute, Plastic Cutting 1/16 D x 1/4 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2 Inch Long Up-Cut Router Bit with Mirror Finish
WARNING! Due to the extremely small diameters involved, bits with smaller diameter of 1/8" are not guaranteed against breakage.
These bits are specifically designed for a variety CNC machining applications and a long list (see below) of materials. Continuous improvements in cutting performance, the unique carbide polishing process, tool design & geometry make these router bits perfect for routing signs and displays. Signmaking (signcrafter) router bits were originally developed in Europe specifically for professional sign makers. Corrugated plastic products, such as Correx boards are used in a variety of applications including boat building, packaging, signage, outdoor advertising, and the production of pet cages. Today, CNC routers have become the tool of choice for sign makers, moving beyond printers and vinyl cutters.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Industrial quality
- Single flute design
- Super high flute mirror finish results in better cut quality
- Dissipates heat well and prevents melting
- Right hand helix/right hand cut
- Eject chips up or down
- Longer tool life
Solid carbide Spiral ‘O’ flute plastic cutting router bits produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
- Coroplast® *
- Corrugated Plastics such as Correx Boards and Polypropolyene
- Crosslinked Polyethylene (XPE, PEX, XLPE)
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Gatorfoam® **
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- High Pressure Laminates (HPL)
- Hydroxy-Terminated Polyether (HTPE)
- King ColorCore® ***
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as Acetal, Polyacetal and Polyformaldehyde
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sign Foam
- Sintra PVC
- Solid Surfaces
- StarBoard® (King StarBoard 'R') High Density Polyethylene Sheet (HDPE)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Trespa® Meteon®****
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Vinyl Flooring
* Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
** Gatorfoam® Foam Board, a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
*** King ColorCore®, The Multi-Color Engravable Polymer Sheet.
**** Decorative high-pressure compact laminate (HPL) with an integral surface.
ATTENTION! 51415 reduce RPM & Feed Rates (IPM) by 30-50% to prevent tool breakage due to extremely small diameter (D). These bits are high finish (not mirror finish due to small diameter).
Maximum RPM: 35,000