The ultimate flush trim bit. The diamond-tipped cutting edges last at least 25 times longer than carbide-tipped flush trims, saving you the time and money. Can be used for flush trimming aluminum sandwich materials such as Aluminum Composite Material (ACM), ALPOLIC® Copper Composite Material (CCM), Alucobond®, Alupanel®, Dibond®, Durabond®, Titanium Composite Material (TCM) etc.
Diamond is the hardest material on the earth. Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tooling is manufactured in a high-temperature and high-pressure laboratory that fuses diamond particles onto a carbide substrate, which allows the diamond to be brazed onto a tool body.
PCD Tooling Benefits:
- Harder cutting edge provides higher resistance to wear
- Cut thousands of feet more than carbide without changing tool, saving setup time
- Optimized machine tool efficiency
- Quality of finish is often significantly improved
If you’re looking for the ultimate in tooling, you’ve found it! Amana Tool®'s PCD tipped Flush Trim router bits will cut and trim a wide variety of tough, abrasive materials including composites, laminate, aluminum, and wood. The cutting edge lasts much longer than carbide for extremely long life. Depending on the material being cut, PCD tooling has been known to out perform a carbide tool by a ratio of 300:1. However, to be conservative in your buying decision, we suggest you base your expectations on 25:1 ratio over carbide tooling.
Excellent for flush-trimming:
- Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
- Aluminum Compsite Panel (ACP)
- Composite Materials
- Fiberglass PCD Board
- Fiberglass Reinforced Composites
- Fiber-Reinforced Structural Foam Floors
- Fiber-Reinforced Urethane
- Lightweight Composites
- Metal Laminate
Warning: Not for CNC use!