2° Negative Hook • Modified Triple Chip (MTC) Grind
Whencutting plastics and acrylics such as Plexiglas®, polycarbonates such as Lexan® andother plastics, “chip-welding”—a melting of the material—is a concern.But not with these carbide tipped non-melt saw blades. The modified triple-chip grind and 2°negative hook angle produces less heat than a standard blade, leaving acrisp, smooth edge.
No Melt saw blades are designed specificallywith negative hook angle, which greatly reduces the tendency ofchip-welding or melting of acrylic sheets, Plexiglas®, Lexan®, andother plastics.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Corrugated Polypropolyene
- Correx Boards
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Nitrile Rubber
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Poly (methyl methacrylate)
- Solid Surfaces
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Styrene-Isoprene-Styrene (SIS)
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
* Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
** Gatorfoam® Foam Board, a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
Safety Guidelines for Saw Blades.