Fin Lockers CNC Video Using Amana Tool® PCD, Insert & Solid Carbide Router Bits, Designed by Opendesk
For Your Safety
- The methods illustrated here are only intended for use with a CNC machine.
- Make certain that the workpiece is secured and that all components of the fixture are securely fastened to the table.
- Use a guard, eye and hearing protection at all times.
Click here for complete description
Watch as we create aluminum snowflakes to be used as a wind chime or holiday decoration from 3/16" thick aluminum using Amana Tool® industrial solid carbide and insert solid carbide CNC router bits.
Andy Glass from Glass Impressions sands three sheets of 24" x 24" aluminum to even out the imperfections before painting them crimson red, gold and hunter green. 3M double-sided tape holds down the aluminum to the machine.
Amana's 1/4" dia. Solid Carbide Spiral 'O' Flute with Mirror Finish Aluminum Cutting CNC Router Bit #51402 makes the profile cuts for the different snowflake patterns.
Using a chisel, Andy removes the snowflakes and prepares them for hanging.
Feed, Speed, Chip Load & Step Down Technical Information:
60° V-Tip Solid Carbide Insert Knife #RCK-380
Feed Rate (IPM): 5"
Speed (RPM): 24,000
Chip Load (Per Tooth): 0.0002"
Step Down (Per Pass): 0.0313"
1/4" Dia. Solid Carbide Spiral 'O' Flute with Mirror Finish Aluminum Cutting CNC Router Bit #51402
Feed Rate (IPM): 20"
Speed (RPM): 10,000
Chip Load (Per Tooth): 0.002"
Step Down (Per Pass): 0.0625"
Aluminum Snowflake CNC Project Using Amana Tool Solid Carbide & Insert Solid Carbide CNC Router Bits, by ToolsToday.
Primer and paints can be found in the Andy Glass Amazon Store here:
Thank you all for watching, be sure to stay tuned to the end for a special announcement! I hope you enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look of what goes into making and filming a project. Please let me know your thoughts, questions or comments on this down below, and be sure to subscribe to the channel so you see all of our future videos; there's a lot more to come. I look forward to seeing you guys on the next one! Have a great day!
Tools Used in Video:
- Amana Tool 46202 SC Spiral Plunge 1/4 D x 3/4 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long 2 Flute Down-Cut Router Bit
- Amana Tool DRB-200 Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) Tipped Compression Up/Down Shear R/H Direction 1/2 D x 1 Inch CH x 1/2 SHK Router Bit
- Amana Tool RC-1102 Insert V-Groove 90 Deg x 3/4 CH x 1/2 Inch SHK CNC Router Bit
- Amana Tool 46170 CNC Solid Carbide Compression Spiral 1/4 D x 7/8 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long Router Bit