2° Negative Hook • Modified Triple Chip (MTC) GrindWhen cutting acrylics such as Plexiglas®, polycarbonates such as Lexan® and other plastics, “chip-welding”—a melting of the material—is a concern. But not with these carbide tipped no melt saw blades. The modified triple-chip grind and 2° negative hook angle produces less heat than a standard blade, leaving a crisp, smooth edge.
No melt saw blades are designed with a negative hook angle, which greatly reduces the tendency of chip-welding or melting of Acrylic Sheets, Plexiglas®, Lexan®, Corrugated Polypropolyene, HDPE, Polycarbonates, Coroplast®* and other Plastics.
Please note tool #'s LB10801C and LB86401C are coated with Electro-Blu™ Non-Stick Coating
Non-Melt Plastic Cutting Saw Blades produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Corrugated Polypropolyene
- Correx Boards
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Pressure Laminates (HPL)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Nitrile Rubber
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Plastic Laminate Flooring
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Poly (methyl methacrylate)
- Solid Surfaces
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Styrene-Isoprene-Styrene (SIS)
- Trespa® Meteon®***
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
* Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
** Gatorfoam® Foam Board, a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
*** Decorative high-pressure compact laminate (HPL) with an integral surface.
Safety Guidelines for Saw Blades.