Microjig GR-200 - GRR-RIPPER Advanced 3D Push Block
More gripping power. More versaility. Advanced creativity.
THE WORLD'S SAFEST PUSHBLOCK
Protect hands and prevent kickback.
The GRR-RIPPER® Advanced 3D Pushblock offers the same level of precision, safety, and control as the original, but with two additional accessories for even more control. It’s the most Advanced pushblock in the world.
Three directions of force.
Three directions of force provide essential stability for superior precision, safety, and control.
- Downward pressure stabilizes work piece on a flat surface.
- Inward pressure against the fence virtually eliminates kickback.
- Forward pressure feeds stock consistently through the cut to eliminate burning and blade marks.
Virtually eliminates kickback on table saws.
Kickback occurs when the workpiece strays from the fence, and gets pinched between the saw blade and the fence. The rear teeth of the blade grab the workpiece, turning it into a dangerous projectile. The only way to avoid kickback is to maintain control of your workpiece through the entire cut.
The GRR-RIPPER® provides downward and inward pressure, keeping both sides of the cut parallel to the blade. This prevents the workpiece from straying from the rip fence, virtually eliminating kickback.
Rip without stopping and burning.
Using two GRR-RIPPERs allows you to feed long stock continuously without stopping, virtually eliminating burning and blade marks caused by inconsistent feed rate. Parts come off the saw ready to use with little to no additional sanding or planing.
Use it around your whole shop.
Over 30+ uses on table saws, router tables, jointers, and band saws.
The GRR-RIPPER was built for the table saw. It acts as a moving blade guard, shielding your hands from the saw blade through the entire cut. Right out of the box, the GRR-RIPPER can cut stock down to ¼” x ¼”. Because it provides 3 directions of control, your cuts will be cleaner and more precise.
The GRR-RIPPER provides incredible command over your workpiece on the router table. Whether you’re using the fence or freehand routing, its powerful grip controls stock and protects your hands from dangerous spinning bits.
The GRR-RIPPER’s proprietary Green GRR-RIP material provides all the traction you need to properly flatten stock on the jointer. Because of its powerful grip, you can feed material over the cutter head without having to apply too much downward pressure. The GRR-RIPPER makes proper face-jointing technique easy, and safe.
The GRR-RIPPER's legs and main body maintain a constant 90 degree angle. It can be used on its side which is ideal for resawing on bandsaws. The GRR-RIPPER glides along the table top and applies even pressure against the fence with your hands clear of the blade. Even pressure means less blade drift, resulting in smoother cuts.
- Center LegAdjusts to varying material widths, allowing you to control both the keeper and off-cut sides of your workpiece through the entire cut.
- Balance SupportAdjusts to match material thickness, keeping the GRR-RIPPER® upright and square.
- The included Stabilizing Plate provides 250% more stabilizing surface with two additional points of contact. It keeps the workpiece locked tight to the fence and parallel to the blade, while the optional hook pushes it through the cut from behind.
- The included Adjustable Spacer gives you 54% more gripping surface for controlling larger workpieces. Adjustment slots provide clearance for exposed router bits while maintaining a flat edge on the fence.
Ultimate gripping power
- GREEN GRR-RIP® gives you incredible traction for easy handling of hardwoods, composites, plastics and aluminum. Its treaded surface conforms to the workpiece for superior control.
- Dust and buildup easily wipes off with denatured alcohol. The additional 1" of GREEN GRR-RIP® on the Adjustable Spacer provides even more traction for ADVANCED control.
- Main body
- 1/2" Leg
- 1/4" Leg
- Center Leg
- Balance Support
- (2) Accessories: Stabilizing Plate, Adjustable Spacer
The GRR-RIPPER is made of specially formulated high-impact plastics for good reason. It maintains its shape and rigidity, but also absorbs force if it makes contact with the blade. In other words, it won’t shatter or break your wrist.
I cut into my GRR-RIPPER, now what?
Every part of the GRR-RIPPER is individually replaceable, and compatible with all GRR-RIPPER models. Browse and swap out any damaged part with a replacement.
Will the GRR-RIPPER trip the sensor on my SawStop?
No. The plastic material will not trigger the safety mechanism on SawStop saws.
I have a GRR-RIPPER with black parts - will yellow replacement parts fit?
Yes - the design is exactly the same. Black and yellow GRR-RIPPER parts are interchangeable.
My GRR-RIPPER doesn’t seem as grippy as it used to - what gives?
Over time, dust and other contaminants can build up and compromise the effectiveness of the Green GRR-RIP material. Cleaning the gripping surface with denatured alcohol should restore your GRR-RIPPER to its original glorious grippy-ness. In rare cases, prolonged exposure to sunlight can damage the gripping material, so keep it out of direct sunlight.
Will the GRR-RIPPER work on my table saw?
It will work on any standard table saw with a fence and a blade.
Can I use the GRR-RIPPER with the blade guard on my table saw?
The GRR-RIPPER passes over the blade so there can’t be anything in the way. Don’t worry, the GRR-RIPPER is your moving blade guard.
Why would I need two GRR-RIPPERs?
We recommend using two GRR-RIPPERs when cutting stock longer than your table saw top. In order for the GRR-RIPPER to work properly, it needs to be on top of the material, with the material on the table stop. If you stop feeding material to reposition your GRR-RIPPER, the saw blade will leave blade marks and burning. With two GRR-RIPPERs, you can feed stock continuously using the hand-over-hand method, resulting in better cut quality.
Is the GRR-RIPPER OSHA compliant?
Yes. OSHA regulations state that “...in a workplace, regulations require that unsafe saws be removed from service immediately, push sticks or push blocks be provided at the work place for guiding or pushing material past the blade, and emphasis be placed on the cleanliness around woodworking machinery and, in particular, the effective functioning of guards and prevention of fire hazards. 29 CFR1910.213(s)