Surf's Up! Melamine Coated MDF Art Project Using Amana Tool® Solid Carbide Dowel Drill & CNC Adapter
For Your Safety
- The methods illustrated here are only intended for use with a CNC machine.
- Make certain that the workpiece is secured and that all components of the fixture are securely fastened to the table.
- Use a guard, eye and hearing protection at all times.
Click here for complete description
Surf's Up! Watch as we cut 17,000 clean edge holes ranging from 0" to 3/8" in diameter drilled into 3/4" melamine coated MDF to reveal the surfer girl on a beach.
Amana Tool® 8mm Dia Dowel Drill #217018 inserted into Amana Tool #47644 10mm shank Dowel Drill Adapter for CNC standard collet/tool holder. In fact, we cut this 24" x 48" Surf's Up art piece twice with the same Dowel Drill and the cuts were still very clean after the 34,000th hole drilled!
Feed Rate (IPM): 150
Speed Rate (RPM): 10,000
Surf's Up! Laminated Melamine Art Project with Amana Tool Solid Carbide Dowel Drill with CNC Adapter, by ToolsToday.com, Your Source for Industrial Quality Tools!
Thank you all for watching, be sure to stay tuned to the end for a special announcement! I hope you enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look of what goes into making and filming a project. Please let me know your thoughts, questions or comments on this down below, and be sure to subscribe to the channel so you see all of our future videos; there's a lot more to come. I look forward to seeing you guys on the next one! Have a great day!
Tools Used in Video:
- Amana Tool 217018 Solid Carbide Through-Hole Dowel Drill Boring Bit R/H 8mm D x 70mm Long x 10x25mm SHK
- Amana Tool 47644 10mm Shank x 10mm Inner Dia. Dowel Drill/Boring Bit Adapter for CNC Standard Collet/Tool Holder