Saw Blade Project Video: Wooden Candle Holder Using Forstner Bits
For Your Safety
- The methods illustrated here are only intended for use in a table saw and drill press.
- Make certain that the workpiece is secured and that all components of the fixture are securely fastened to the table.
- Use a guard, eye and hearing protection at all times
Click here for complete description
Saw Blade Project: Wooden Candle Holder Using Forstner Bits | ToolsToday
Expert woodworker uses his Amana Tool® Prestige™ saw blade & Timberline™ Forstner bit to make solid wood candle holders.
Amana's ElectroBlu™ coating is a Non-Stick, a micron-thin translucent coating on the entire saw blade to help optimize performance, prevent corrosion and resin build-up. The sharp carbide tips are a Amana-exclusive carbide and can be easily resharpened many times.
1) On the table saw, rip (cut along the grain) the stock (Sapele) to rough dimensions using Amana Tool item no. PR1040C.
2) Using the Planer, plane all faces to a smooth finish at final dimensions.
3) Using the Miter saw, cut stock to final lengths to create blanks. Saw blade used is comparable to Amana Tool item no. 612720C.
4) Drill a 1-1/2” hole, using the Timberline Forstner bit, item no. 660-180, at roughly 5/8” deep.
5) On the band saw, cut the blanks to desired shape. We used a resaw blade on the bandsaw, 105” x ¾” at 3tpi.
6) Sand all faces smooth on the belt sander (120 grit).
7) Dip in Polyurethane (satin).
8) Light candles!
Thank you all for watching, be sure to stay tuned to the end for a special announcement! I hope you enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look of what goes into making and filming a project. Please let me know your thoughts, questions or comments on this down below, and be sure to subscribe to the channel so you see all of our future videos; there's a lot more to come. I look forward to seeing you guys on the next one! Have a great day!
Tools Used in Video:
- Amana Tool PR1040C Electro-Blu Carbide Tipped Prestige 10 Inch D 40T ATB, 18 Deg, 5/8 Bore, Non-Stick Coated Circular Saw Blade
- Timberline 660-180 Carbide Tipped Forstner Bit 1-1/2 D x 3/8 SHK x 3-1/2 Long
- Amana Tool FO-700 15-Piece Forstner Pattern High Carbon Steel Set 3/8 SHK
- Amana Tool 612720C Electro-Blu Carbide Tipped Prestige Cut-Off and Crosscut 12 Inch D x 72T ATB, 10 Deg, 1 Inch Bore, Non-Stick Coated Circular Saw Blade