Soccer Ball Shape Created in Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) Using Amana Tool® CNC Router Bits
For Your Safety
- The methods illustrated here are only intended for use with a CNC machine.
- Make certain that the workpiece is secured and that all components of the fixture are securely fastened to the table.
- Use a guard, eye and hearing protection at all times.
Click here for complete description
Watch as we create our Soccer Ball shaped Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) project using Amana Tool® industrial saw blade and CNC router bits in 1/8” thick ACM.
We trim the ACM panel using Amana Tool #510801C, carbide tipped 10” x 80 teeth ElectroBlu™ coated, non-ferrous metal cutting saw blade. Just a four cuts are needed to create the basic rectangle shape required.
Amana Tool's 30° V-Tip insert solid carbide knife #RCK-362 (mounted into #RC-1075 1/4” shank tool body) engraves the soccer patterns and “USA” letters into the ACM. We are engraving only 0.01” down to remove the red, pre-finished coating to reveal the aluminum beneath the surface.
The ACM is flipped over to the other side. Amana Tool’s 90° V-Groove ACM double edge folding carbide tipped router bit #45792 routes V-shaped grooves in the ACM. Pentagon and hexagon shapes are cut adjoining to each other to form the soccer ball pattern.
Amana Tool’s solid carbide spiral 'O' flute 1/16" Dia. aluminum cutting CNC router bit with mirror-finish #51470 cuts the pattern from the ACM.
Assembly: We fold the remaining material by hand.
Feed, Speed & Step Down Technical Information:
30° V-Tip CNC Engraving Insert Solid Carbide Knife #RCK-362, Mounted to #RC-1075 In-Groove™ Tool Body
Feed Rate (IPM): 160"
Speed (RPM): 10,000
Chip Load Per Tooth: 0.016"
Step Down: 0.01”
90° V-Groove ACM Double Edge Folding Carbide Tipped Router Bit #45792
Feed Rate (IPM): 120"
Speed (RPM): 18,000
Chip Load Per Tooth: 0.0035"
Step Down Per Pass: 0.1”
1/16" Dia. Solid Carbide Spiral 'O' Flute Aluminum Cutting Router Bit with Mirror Finish #51470
Feed Rate (IPM): 50"
Speed (RPM): 18,000
Chip Load Per Tooth: 0.003"
Step Down Per Pass: 0.125”
Team USA Soccer Ball Created in Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) with Amana Tool CNC Router Bits, by ToolsToday.com, Your Source for Industrial Cutting Tools.
Thank you all for watching, be sure to stay tuned to the end for a special announcement! I hope you enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look of what goes into making and filming a project. Please let me know your thoughts, questions or comments on this down below, and be sure to subscribe to the channel so you see all of our future videos; there's a lot more to come. I look forward to seeing you guys on the next one! Have a great day!
Tools Used in Video:
- Amana Tool 510801C Electro-Blu Carbide Tipped Prestige Aluminum and Non-Ferrous Metals 10 Inch D x 80T TCG, -6 Deg, 5/8 Bore, Non-Stick Coated Circular Saw Blade
- Amana Tool RCK-362 Solid Carbide Insert 30 Deg x 0.020 Inch V Tip Width Engraving Knife for In-Groove System
- Amana Tool RC-1075 CNC In-Groove Insert Engraving Tool Body 1/4 Inch SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long
- Amana Tool 45792 V-Groove 90 Deg. Folding for Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) Panels Like Alucobond, Dibond, 0.090 Tip Cut Width x 3/8 CH x 1/2 D x 1/4 Inch SHK Carbide Tipped Router Bit
- Amana Tool 51470 SC Spiral O Single Flute, Aluminum Cutting 1/16 D x 1/4 CH x 1/8 SHK x 1-1/2 Inch Long Up-Cut Router Bit with Mirror Finish