Alien Deco Foam Carving Project Using Amana Tool Industrial Spiral 2D/3D ZrN Coated CNC Router Bits
For Your Safety
- The methods illustrated here are only intended for use with a CNC machine.
- Make certain that the workpiece is secured and that all components of the fixture are securely fastened to the table.
- Use a guard, eye and hearing protection at all times.
Click here for complete description
Watch as this beautiful 3D art deco piece is created by glueing four 4" thick RenShape foam boards together then CNC carving with Amana Tool® Spiral 2D/3D Carving ZrN Coated CNC Router Bits no's 46593 and 46284.
The tapered ball nose 1/8" diameter solid carbide spiral 3D carving router bit creates the detail in the art deco piece by getting into the smaller areas while the 1/2" diameter extra-long reach solid carbide spiral 3D carving end mill router bit was used to remove the bulk of the foam. Once CNC routed, the Alien Deco was primed then spray painted with Rust-Oleium™ metallic dark steel and displayed in a local museum.
Alien Deco Foam Carving Project Using Amana Tool Industrial Spiral 2D/3D ZrN Coated CNC Router Bits, by ToolsToday.com, Your Source for Industrial Quality Tools!
Thank you all for watching, be sure to stay tuned to the end for a special announcement! I hope you enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look of what goes into making and filming a project. Please let me know your thoughts, questions or comments on this down below, and be sure to subscribe to the channel so you see all of our future videos; there's a lot more to come. I look forward to seeing you guys on the next one! Have a great day!
Tools Used in Video:
- Amana Tool 46593 Extra Long CNC 2D and 3D Carving Flat Bottom x 0.10 Deg x 1/2 D x 1 CH x 1/2 SHK x 6 Inch Long x 3 Flute Solid Sub Micrograin Carbide ZrN Coated Reduced SHK Router Bit
- Amana Tool 46284 CNC 2D and 3D Carving 1 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Nose x 1/8 D x 1/16 R x 1-1/2 CH x 1/4 SHK x 3 Inch Long x 3 Flute SC ZrN Coated Upcut Router Bit