To be used only on CNC machines and routers with automatic feeding.
Solid carbide Spiral 'O' flute plastic cutting router bits use the highest quality sub-micrograin carbide, have a special proprietary edge processing system and feature a super high polished cutting edge with a unique “mirror finish”, resulting in clean cuts, superior surface finish and a longer tool life. The Spiral ‘O’ flute sharpening/finishing process increases feed rates, allowing for more linear feet routed in less time.
These bits are specifically designed for a variety CNC machining applications and a long list (see below) of materials. Continuous improvements in cutting performance, the unique carbide polishing process, tool design & geometry make these router bits perfect for routing signs and displays. Signmaking (signcrafter) router bits were originally developed in Europe specifically for professional sign makers. Corrugated plastic products, such as Correx boards are used in a variety of applications including boat building, packaging, signage, outdoor advertising, and the production of pet cages. Today, CNC routers have become the tool of choice for sign makers, moving beyond printers and vinyl cutters.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Industrial quality
- Single flute design
- Super high flute mirror finish results in better cut quality
- Dissipates heat well and prevents melting
- Right hand helix/right hand cut
- Eject chips up or down
- Longer tool life
Solid carbide Spiral ‘O’ flute plastic cutting router bits produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
- Coroplast® *
- Corrugated Plastics such as Correx Boards and Polypropolyene
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Gatorfoam® **
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- King ColorCore® ***
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sintra PVC
- Solid Surfaces
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
* Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
** Gatorfoam® Foam Board, a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
*** King ColorCore®, The Multi-Color Engravable Polymer Sheet.
ATTENTION! 51415 and 51515 reduce RPM & Feed Rates (IPM) by 30-50% to prevent tool breakage due to extremely small diameter (D). These bits are high finish (not mirror finish due to small diameter).
Maximum RPM: 35,000