Amana Tool®’s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-fluting and Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) coating designed for the ultimate combination of finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials.
Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using Amana Tool’s special, multi-flute edge tool featuring ZrN ceramic coating, addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
Benefits of ZrN Coating
Designed to cut the following materials:
- Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) is a PVD ceramic hardcoat for solid carbide router bits designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials.
- ZrN coated bits have the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than an uncoated tools.
- ZrN coating creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting.
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Mirror finish polished flute, up-spiral cutting edge for superior chip ejection
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter (where the machine or work piece vibrates) under high chip loads when used with low TIR spindles.
Composite, Fiberglass & Phenolic