Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coated, Up-Spiral Cutting Edge for Superior Chip Ejection
Amana Tool®'s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and a ZrN coating designed for the ultimate combination of strength, finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring ZrN ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
The industrial router bits can be used in sign making & 3D Carving industries in MDF, Plastics, Bronze, Copper, Aluminum, Foam, Wood and other materials with machines such as "i-Carver", CarveWright™, CNC Shark®, ShopBot® and Datron. The simultaneous 3-axis motion with the appropriate software allows full 3D capability that provides sign and 3D model makers the ability to work with any material.
The solid carbide tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
The tapered design achieves high detail in deep cuts, improving the complexity and the detail of your finished work. The longer bits provide deeper cuts and larger slices with fewer passes, resulting in improved productivity and less assembly. These router bits are designed to last, saving you the costs of replacing lesser quality tools. These CNC cutting tools allow you to achieve precision, depth, unparalleled accuracy, detail and clarity in foam and other modern-day materials.
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Also compatible with CarveWright™ and CompuCarve woodworking systems
Material Applications: HDU, Wood, PVC, Acrylic, Dibond®, MDF, HDF, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Bronze, Graphite, Phenolic, Phenolic Composites, HDPE, Plastics, Sign Board, Sign Foam, Foam Board, 20lbs High Density Polyurethane, Tooling Board, Composite, Fiberglass & Titanium.
For Use In: For CNC machines, Carving machines, handheld/portable routers and router tables.
Note: Cutting materials such as HDPE and Plastics its highly recommended to direct an air blast at the router bit to help keep the material cool while clearing away fragments from the cutting area. If possible run a high chip load in the order of .005" and up, per flute. Running your CNC machine at the rate of 10,000 RPM x 2 flutes x .005" per flute equals 100 inches per minute feed rate. When cutting plastics it is expected to experience some burring on top edge.
Set #AMS-136 includes: 46280 (1/32), 46282 (1/16), 46284 (1/8), 46286 (1/8), 46288 (1/8), 46290 (Flat Botom 1/16), 46292 (Flat Botom 1/8) and 46294 (1/4 Dia)
Set #AMS-141 includes: 46284 (1/16), 46288 (1/8), 46290 (Flat Botom 1/16) & 46292 (Flat Botom 1/8 Dia.)
Set #AMS-148 includes: 46280 (1/32), 46282 (1/16), 46286 (1/8) & 46294 (1/4 Dia)
#AMS-136 Set, stored in solid wood showcase storage box with a Plexiglass® clear lid, includes the following:
1/32" Dia x 1" Cut Height x 6.2º Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4 Shank ZrN Coated 3-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving
1/16" Dia x 1" Cut Height x 5.4º Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4" Shank ZrN Coated 4-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving
1/8" Dia x 1-1/2" Cut Height x 1º Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4" Shank ZrN Coated 3-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving Router Bit
1/8" Dia x 1" Cut Height x 3.6º Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4" Shank ZrN Coated 3-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving Router Bit
1/8" Dia x 1/2" Cut Height x 7º Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4" Shank ZrN Coated 3-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving Router Bit
1/16" Dia x 5/16" Cut Height x 1/4" Shank Flat Bottom ZrN Coated 3-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving
1/8" Dia x 1-3/32" Cut Height x 1/4" Shank Flat Bottom ZrN Coated 4-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving
1/4" Dia x 1/2" Cut Height x 0.10° Tapered Angle Ball Nose Tip x 1/4" Shank ZrN Coated 2-Flute Solid Carbide 2D and 3D Carving Router Bit