Solid Carbide Spiral CNC 2D/3D Carving Tapered and Straight Ball Nose (Conical Ball) ZrN Coated Router Bits, In-Stock & Ready to Ship Today! Large Selection of ZrN Coated Router Bits.
Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coated, Up-Spiral Cutting Edge for Superior Chip Ejection
Amana Tool®'s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and a ZrN coating designed for the ultimate combination of strength, finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring ZrN ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
The industrial router bits can be used in sign making & 3D Carving industries in MDF, Plastics, Bronze, Copper, Aluminum, Foam, Wood and other materials with machines such as "i-Carver", CarveWright™, CNC Shark®, ShopBot® and Datron. The simultaneous 3-axis motion with the appropriate software allows full 3D capability that provides sign and 3D model makers the ability to work with any material.
The solid carbide tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
The tapered design achieves high detail in deep cuts, improving the complexity and the detail of your finished work. The longer bits provide deeper cuts and larger slices with fewer passes, resulting in improved productivity and less assembly. These router bits are designed to last, saving you the costs of replacing lesser quality tools. These CNC cutting tools allow you to achieve precision, depth, unparalleled accuracy, detail and clarity in foam and other modern-day materials.
In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input, as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate has a very small diameter and so any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome. Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Also compatible with CarveWright™ and CompuCarve woodworking systems
Excellent for cutting:
- Acrylic Stone
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Phenolic Composites
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
*Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
WARNING!: Never attempt to cut ferrous metals with these bits. Inspect cut quality and adjust feed / speed accordingly.
Note: For optimal results and extended tool life use mist lubricant system or air cooling.
Machines: CNC and CNC Carving machines.
Note: Cutting materials such as HDPE and Plastics its highly recommended to direct an air blast at the router bit to help keep the material cool while clearing away fragments from the cutting area. If possible run a high chip load in the order of .005" and up, per flute. Running your CNC machine at the rate of 10,000 RPM x 2 flutes x .005" per flute equals 100 inches per minute feed rate. When cutting plastics it is expected to experience some burring on top edge.
for ZrN Router Bit Bundles/Sets.