Router bits can be used in sign making & 3D Carving industries in MDF, Plastics, Bronze, Copper, Aluminum, Foam, wood and other materials with machines such as "i-Carver", CarveWright™, CNC Shark®, ShopBot® and Datron. The simultaneous 3 axis motion with the appropriate software allows full 3D capability that provides sign and 3D model makers the ability to work with any material.
The solid carbide tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
For Cutting: HDU, Wood, PVC, Acrylic, Dibond®, MDF, HDF, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Bronze, Graphite, Phenolic, Phenolic Composites, Plastic, Sign Board, Sign Foam, Composite, Fiberglass & Titanium.
For Use In: For CNC machines, Carving machines, handheld/portable routers and router tables.
Up-Cut: Ejects chips up.