Specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic, aluminum, & wood
with machines such as "i-Carver", CarveWright™,
CNC Shark®, ShopBot® and Datron. The high-shear ball nose tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
Benefits of "Mirror Finish" Polished Flute
- Razor sharp cutting edge for effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding or adhering to the tool
- Extended Tool Life
- Exceptional Cut Quality
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Zirconium nitride, ZrN coated solid carbide router bits designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials.
- ZrN coated bits have the tendency to run/spin much faster than an uncoated tools.
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter (where the machine or work piece vibrates) under high chip loads (when used with low TIR spindles)
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- ZrN coating creates a harder and tougher cutting edge, allows for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up of material in the flutes while cuttingHigh flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Mirror finish polished flute, up-spiral cutting edge for superior chip ejection
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
For Cutting: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Graphite, Phenolic Composites, Plastic, Sign Board, Sign Foam & Wood.
For Use In: For CNC machines, Carving machines, handheld/portable routers and router tables.