Amana Tool®'s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and a ZrN coating designed for the ultimate combination of finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring ZrN ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
Specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic, aluminum, & wood
with machines such as "i-Carver", CarveWright™,
CNC Shark®, ShopBot® and Datron. The high-shear ball nose tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary ZrN coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction & heat buildup.
Benefits of "Mirror Finish" Polished Flute
- Razor sharp cutting edge for effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding or adhering to the tool
- Extended Tool Life
- Exceptional Cut Quality
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
For Cutting: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Fiberglass®, Graphite, Phenolic Composites, Plastic, Sign Board, Sign Foam & Wood.
For Use In: For CNC machines, Carving machines, handheld/portable routers and router tables.