2° Negative Hook • Modified Triple Chip (MTC) Grind
When cutting acrylics such as Plexiglas®, polycarbonates such as Lexan® and other plastics, “chip-welding”—a melting of the material—is a concern. But not with these carbide tipped no melt saw blades. The modified triple-chip grind and 2° negative hook angle produces less heat than a standard blade, leaving a crisp, smooth edge.
Non-Melt Plastic Cutting Saw Blades produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Corrugated Polypropolyene
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate
- Foam Board
- Gator Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Nitrile Rubber
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Solid Surfaces
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Styrene-Isoprene-Styrene (SIS)
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
*Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
for Saw Blades.